Friday, May 11, 2018

Hot Air Balloon watercolor illustration

I decided to show how did I create it. I regret that I didn't shot a video about this process.

First I did the sketch with just a regular pencil,
and when I felt that this is exactly what do I want, I use a Light box  to transfer it to the high quality watercolor. Then I use an ink for the outlines and shades.
I tried many watercolor brands. I have many different brands. Some of them I got because I didn't have money for more expensive brands, some of them were because I "had to have" these brands, and finally I saved money for most desirable by me Sennelier watercolor set of 48 , the watercolor I use is my all time favorite brand. It's a honey based great quality french watercolor. Nothing is better in the world IMHO.

Brushes. I love to use natural brushes for watercolor. For the big areas I use da Vinci Watercolor wash mop size 2 , and the other brushes are Escoda Kolinsky Size 2, Escoda Kolinsky Size 4, Escoda Kolinsky Size 6.
I hate to wait while the watercolor is drying, so sometimes I use a heat tool

This painting took too long because I really wanted to take my time and to enjoy this particular process. This is the biggest size for me yet, and I really would like to continue working in this style among my main whimsical style in acrylics.

No comments:

Post a Comment