Thursday, May 10, 2018

My new gouache palette


I've got from my son a gift for a mother day. 
Here is how it works in my family: time from the time I am collecting a list of the art supplies I would like to have, and when is a holiday, and my son or husband asking what do I want, I can always go to my amazon wish list :-)
So here we go, I've got my sweet palette box for gouache. I was looking for something like this for a long time, gouache is not very popular media as opposed to watercolor or oil, so I finally finds this great baby! Palette Box

And the gouache I was using today are Caran D'ache Gouache, WN Gouache, and Yarka Gouache. So I populated my little palette with paint, and immediately wanted to try it out before I go to plein air LOL 
 So here is my quick sketch on just a regular not expensive sketch book.   



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for tips! I was about to buy CaranD'ache gouache, but wasn't sure how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! CaranD'ache is my favorite brand for pencils, watercolor pencils and wax pastel. I use them for years and never wanted to try out nothing else anymore. This why I was believed in this company when I decided to choose their gouache. It's very creamy and I believe there is minimum of filling. Very rich colors. I wish they made more colors in the set.

      Delete
  2. Thank you! I would like to try out gouache. Is it like acrylic paint?

    ReplyDelete